Friday, August 27, 2010

Inspiration

I've been doing a ton of web research lately. It all started when I first read about Rivendell bikes and what they are all about and I realized that I was already enjoying that type of riding and my current felt racing bike really wasn't fitting the type of riding I've been enjoying. The felt is like a Lamborghini: fast, awesome looking, kind of uncomfortable, and impractical. The new bike is going to be more like a BMW: not as fast, still awesome looking, comfortable, and practical.




My research into Randonneur bike led me to some images of Japanese made Grand Bois bikes seen above that are my inspiration for this new build. I love the sky blue frame with silver components and leather touches. I also like the white tires which look cool and won't scuff the walls in my apartment like the black tires do now.

No comments: